During the Sustainable Teacher Election we highlight teachers who pay attention to sustainability in their teaching and practice. These teachers dedicate themselves every day to preparing the younger generation for the complex future that awaits them. The election provides the inspiring and hardworking teachers with a stage.
Among other things, our jury looks at providing students with an actionable perspective, engaging students, inspiring them and taking an integrated approach to sustainability (all criteria). From all the stories, the judges will choose a winner from each tier of education on Nov. 23.
The evening opens with a sustainable education market with booths from relevant parties in the field of sustainable education. Everyone is free to walk around. During the Special Educaution debate, we will ask each other the question: "How do we use education to provide actionable perspectives for young people?" We will be discussing this with Arjen Waltz (professor and UNESCO Chair of Learning for Sustainability), Pauline Drost (lecturer/researcher International Business and Natural Resources), Dina El Filali (changemaker and spoken word artist), Pieter Lossie (political science student and policy officer VO-Raad) and the sustainable teachers of 2021. Then we will proceed to the award ceremony, which will be broadcast live by AT5. After this we will know who the winners of the Sustainable Teacher Election 2022 are!
Led by chairman Pieter Lossie, the following judges, among others, will judge the entries:
- Nick van Breda - changemaker education and exponential technologies
- Louise Ruys - sustainable teacher PO 2021
- Wendy Kakebeeke - director of Young Impact
- Wieneke Maris - sustainable teacher VO 2019
- Floris ten Duis - innovation manager ABN/AMRO, founder Green Offices
- Margareth de Wit - CEO of Academica University of Applied Sciences
- Bas van den Berg - sustainable teacher HO 2021
- Colien Langerwerf - sustainable teacher MBO 2021
The event is free, however, it is desirable if visitors are Register!