The Energy Transition master classes give upper secondary school students and intermediate vocational students an overview of the challenges, dilemmas and solutions for energy transition in one day.
Cross-curricular theme; energy transition explained and challenged
Energy transition is a relatively new topic in secondary schools that, due to its many facets, does not yet have a clear place within the curriculum. Darel Education is a non-profit initiative to create social support for the energy transition We offer secondary schools a fully organized Energy Transition Masterclass for a modest fee, where small groups of students get an overview of challenges, dilemmas and possible solutions in one day.
Interactive components of the master class
- overview of our current energy system
- the climate issue and the need & urgency for energy transition
- interactive thinking about possible technical solutions
- online research assignments
- role-play with debate on stakeholders, dilemmas and challenges
- escaperoom game, the Climate Clock, where not the time is ticking but the carbon budget
- simulation game "Switch City," a dynamic board game for the classroom