Transformation through Imagination
Teacher Workshop: Future Thinking in the Classroom
Images of melting ice caps and forest fires stoke despair or depression. Young people search for perspective. With the power of our imagination, we can see new possibilities. The workshop Transformation through Imagination is an introduction to future design. The workshop will give you tools to design alternative future scenarios with your students and begin to make these ideas a reality.
Oct. 7, 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m., including lunch
- Introduction: Futuring in education, Wouter Buursma, trainer Technotrend and Young Innovators
- Workshop: Guiding a creative process, Mark Boode, writer and theater teacher, founder of Teachers for Climate
- Lecture: Long-term thinking and the post-fossil city of the future, Peter Pelzer - associate professor of Planning and Urban Futures, Utrecht University
- Workshop: Dealing with emotions, creating prospects for action, method of futurologist Fred Polak, Yanna Angle, green diplomatic criminologist and trainer Technotrend
- Workshop: Building future scenarios, Sebasitaan Crul, economist/philosopher Freedom Lab
- Application: Futuring in the classroom, Wouter Buursma, trainer Technotrend and Young Innovators
€235,= / with discount €210,00 (Members/customers Technotrend, Teachers for Climate, Learning for Tomorrow)
Following: Networking drinks Teachers for Climate
17.00 - 19.30
Open School Community Bijlmer (OSB).
Gulden Kruis 5, 1103 BE Amsterdam
OV Station Bijlmer Arena, bus 47 or 66